Friday, March 7, 2008

Cameras To Go

I just bought my first digital camera today. It got me thinking as I was about to do this post. If I were still working as an Activity Director, what kinds of activities would I be able to come up with that have to do with cameras or photography? What about handing out disposable cameras to various residents for a few hours, or for a 24 hour period and seeing what kinds of pictures they come up with? The results could be put on display somewhere in the facility and used as a photography show for residents, family, and other visitors. Would this be an issue with HIPAA? The last place I worked wouldn't allow the activity staff to take pictures or use pictures of residents in any way, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, if your facility will allow it, and your budget will allow it, this could be an interesting activity that lasts for more than just a half hour or hour.
Have any of you tried anything like this? What were the results? What did you do with the pictures when you got them back?

No comments: