Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wii Therapy and Rehabilitation

Has your facility invested in the Nintendo Wii yet? If you have, please add comments to this post to let others know what is happening with your residents since the Wii was added to their daily lives, whether it be through the activity department or physical therapy department.

I am not a big fan of video games that get the kids all caught up on activity that makes them do no more than sit on the floor or couch and push a few buttons for hours at a time. But when the Wii came out and I first started seeing commercials about it, I thought that it is about time that the video game manufacturers got kids up and moving again. What I did not expect or even think about was the potential use for nursing homes, assisted living centers, senior centers, and other facilities dealing with health issues. It has only been in the past few weeks that I have even seen anything on the subject. Obviously, judging by the links I have posted for you tonight, I am behind the times!

The links I have added for you are only the first of many many links I have found just by typing in "wii therapy" in the search box. If you would like to have the Nintendo Wii at your facility and are still having trouble convincing the powers that be of what a great investment it would be, take them this list. Better yet, print out the information and take that to them. If the budget is the problem, maybe this is one of those things that a fundraiser might be in order. From what I have seen so far, it looks like it is a very worthwhile investment.
Wii THERAPY LINKS

!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: